Author Topic: adafruit motor control  (Read 1957 times)

bovis

• View Profile
adafruit motor control
« on: March 14, 2011, 07:06:10 AM »
Hi Gabriel a.o.,

First thanks for your website and program !
We are building a heliostat with use of an adafruit motor control card.
info: http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=81

which fits perfect to the arduino board.
But it is difficult to rewrite your program to this card. Do you have experience with this card ?

CU

Boaz

Gabriel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: adafruit motor control
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 11:32:29 AM »
Hey Bovis,

You asked me this before in a comment on this page. http://www.cerebralmeltdown.com/about-contact/
Was my reply helpful? I've never used that card before, so you might need to do more than just what I described in my reply, but that should be the basic template.

I think that the card should be able to work with the heliostat program, but I'm uncertain as to what obstacles need to be overcome.

I would do it for you, but I don't have the card for debugging.

Let me know how you do with the programming, and I'll try to help if you get stuck.

Best of Luck!
Gabriel

Bernard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 02:44:46 PM »
Hi,
last November I changed the program to work with the motorshield and it worked. See the attached program with some of the functions.
Some text is in Dutch, sorry, dont hessitate to ask for a translation if needed.
In that period I did not had the RTC board, so I made my own by typing in the date and time in the beginning of the program.
I did not added the delay function in the stepper procedure, since I found out htat later. (see other posts)
Tell me if it worked with you too.
Bernard

bovis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 01:03:50 PM »
Hi Gabriel and Bernard,

Thanks for your reply Gabriel; I hadn't noticed your comments before.
I am from Holland as well so thanks for your program Bernard.

Our heliostat is in it's final stage but we have to adjust the final parameters.

As soon as it works I will let you know. I think there is a great future for example to optimise the use of solar panels with a heliostat.

CU

Boaz