Author Topic: code for moving panels  (Read 2100 times)

billduck

• View Profile
code for moving panels
« on: January 07, 2012, 11:49:58 AM »
I have not seen the code yet for moving panels, azimuth or elevation. On my system, at www.watt-tracker.com, I coded move one degree when the az/el changes one degree. I am just closing a relay for a time interval to move panels 1 degree, with a 72 rpm motor and gearing. I see that Sid's array uses traditional step motors, where you can vary the step rate and on time. Is the code that you have developed viewable?
Thanks

Gabriel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: code for moving panels
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 02:30:21 PM »
The code is on this page. http://www.cerebralmeltdown.com/2011/05/30/open-source-arduino-sun-trackingheliostat-program/#more-2866 I had thought a link to it was on the Solar Projects page where it would be easier to find, but I guess it got deleted at some point by accident. Anyway, most of my interest has been in heliostats, but it was very easy to add an option for tracking the sun since the code required to accomplish this task is also required to control a heliostat.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 05:57:57 PM by Gabriel »

billduck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 04:14:24 PM »
When you say the code is on this page, to what page are you reffering?

Gabriel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 05:59:06 PM »
Whoops, sorry about that. I accidentally clicked the insert image button instead of the insert link. It's fixed now.