Author Topic: Hello from Spain!!!  (Read 1202 times)

Victor

• View Profile
Hello from Spain!!!
« on: February 26, 2013, 02:18:01 PM »
Hi all!!

I'm from spain (sorry for my english). My father has been asking me to make him an heliostate to reflect the sun into his living-room. Some month ago I make an prototype with lego (yes! it really worked) and then I start to build a "real one". Some days ago I found this web / forum. Amaaaaaazing work!!!!!

So I have take some ideas from this forum and I have my heliostat almost ready to run. I will post some photos later.

Now Iam using the program for Arduino you made here (It is really good work) , I'am trying to make it works because I have some problems. ;-)

Happy to be here! Good work for all!!
--ugo

Gabriel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Spain!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 04:09:02 PM »
Hi ugo and welcome to the forums!

It will be awesome to see the pictures of your heliostat. You should also post the pictures of your lego one to if you have them. :)

Good luck with your project!
Gabriel

Victor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 08:17:02 AM »
Hello again!

Here are attached some photos of my new heliostat! Also there is a link to a video of my heliostat running->
. In my Picasa album you could see all the pictures I made while I was making it-> https://plus.google.com/photos/106875694885591282748/albums/5849935743405722225

Ah! An for those who want to see an Lego Heliostat, here is another video-> [size=78%]
[/size][size=78%]. This Lego Heliostat doesn't works for reflecting the sun into your living room, but its funny to make it and its good as a "proof of concept"[/size]

Bye!

Gabriel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 07:48:12 PM »
Hi Victor,

Your heliostat is looking really good! It shouldn't be too much longer before you have it up and tracking. I spent the day building a new heliostat myself. I'm just waiting for a sunny day so that I can try it out! It has been a very cloudy winter so far, but March has historically been a very sunny month, so I'm hoping to have plenty of sun soon.