Author Topic: Plugin for Sketchup  (Read 3639 times)

agrazdi

• View Profile
Plugin for Sketchup
« on: December 22, 2009, 06:32:26 PM »
I wonder if it is possible to project automaticaly every sun position within the sketchup plugin to the ground floor in order to get a Solar Graph Sheet.

Thanks

agrazdi

« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 06:34:22 PM by agrazdi »

Gabriel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Plugin for Sketchup
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 08:23:19 PM »
Hello Agrazdi,
Welcome to the forums!

I added an option to the plugin which will do what you asked and attached it to this reply.

At the bottom of the first window, you will see where you can choose "Draw lines to ground?"

Do the lines actually intersect your solar graph where they are supposed to? I haven't tried it with a graph myself.

agrazdi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 10:13:50 AM »
Help

I can?t find it

Thanks

Gabriel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 11:12:45 AM »
It should be there. I double checked the file I uploaded, and everything looks good.

Try reinstalling the plugin again to see if that fixes it. Make sure that Sketchup is closed when you do this.

If that doesn't work, try deleting the Sun Position plugin from Sketchup's plugins folder and then copy the file attached to the above reply back into the plugins folder. Once again, make sure that Sketchup is closed when you do this.

This happened to me once when I had Sketchup open while reinstalling a plugin, which is why I  recommend that people close Sketchup when reinstalling plugins. Somehow, Sketchup finds a way to keep both files instead of copying over the old one like it should.

I hope that works. If not, I'm not really sure what to do.

agrazdi

• View Profile
Origin - Ground
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 10:15:21 AM »
Gabriel

I have tried it in another computer and " ground " doesn?t show up at all.
I ?ve  looked into the code and it doesn?t exist.

Whenever you got a chance please check it again.

Thanks

agrazdi

Gabriel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 12:37:58 PM »
Ugh, you're right. That's the old version of the plugin. I've tried attaching the new one.

OK, I'll admit to being an idiot, but this wasn't entirely my fault.  ;D Apparently I have some strange bug in my Sketchup plugins folder. I just tried copying and pasting the file onto my desktop, and for some reason I got the old plugin again. When I tried the Sun Position plugin in Sketchup though, everything worked the way it was supposed to.

I don't know, it's very strange, but I did finally figure out how to get the updated plugin out. I visually checked the code in notepad this time.

I guess it's good to know that I have that problem. Hopefully I won't make that mistake again.

I'm really sorry for the trouble.
Let me know if there are any more problems.

Thanks

agrazdi

• View Profile
Plugin updated
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 04:48:34 PM »
Gabriel

Thanks

Now it is working. Whenever i get a good Solar Graph I will post it

agrazdi