Author Topic: Hello from Lyon (France)  (Read 814 times)

Philippe

• View Profile
Hello from Lyon (France)
« on: January 29, 2014, 01:33:43 PM »
Hi,

My name is Philippe, I am 46 and I am interested in building one or more heliostats.

First I'd like to apologize, i can read english  but it's difficult for me to write it correctly :-[

I have been really impressed by all the work that have been done and published on this blog.

I first tried to build an analog one, but I didnt succeed to assembly the mechanism to get a good result. And analog system can hardly provide some functions like switching between several targets.

So after having read this blog, I started to make a numerical one. I got the software, ( thanks to Gabriel ) and step by step, I made a first heliostat with encouraging results.

I find that the more difficult is to make a mechanics strong and precise enough  to reflect the sun toward targets with good precision

You can have a look on my helio on this page:
http://ph.bch.pagesperso-orange.fr/

regards

Gabriel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Lyon (France)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 05:07:49 PM »
Hello Philippe and welcome to the forum!

That looks really cool.

It is definitely difficult to make a heliostat that is both rigid and precise using basic tools. It seems like it should be pretty easy, but it's not is it. :)

I liked the video. It makes me want to go out and work on my own heliostat some more.

Thanks for sharing!
Gabriel