Author Topic: Worldwide accurate address system called what three words.  (Read 96 times)

Silverbrewer

• View Profile
Worldwide accurate address system called what three words.
« on: December 18, 2017, 01:41:12 PM »
This might be old news for many, but someone has divided the entire worlds surface (including the oceans) into 3 metre square boxes, then given each one a unique name using 3 common words from the dictionary, and two dots between the words. They have even done it in about 15 separate languages!!
As an example, silver.crop.note is down the road from me, and many.pies.eaten is somewhere in Hampshire, not my rotund mates house!
The centre of each square can also be called up as every lat. long variant you can think of!
Obviously, there is a free app for it, so you can play to your hearts content.
Land Rover and Mercedes are using it on their sat navs. Some countries are using it for their postal systems. And I bet the first drone to make a delivery to your back yard will be using it as well.
You cannot buy yourself an interesting set of words for your front door, as they are pre defined.
Each language uses a complete new set of arbitary words.
There must be some hilarious combinations out there, so go see what they have selected for your area.
So check out their website and app, and see if the pizza deliver guys in your area have bought into it yet.
No affiliations, I just think it is clever. One of those "why the hell didn't I think of that" things