Author Topic: Students Welcome!!!  (Read 1266 times)

Gabriel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Students Welcome!!!
« on: April 15, 2013, 07:44:16 AM »
I have recently realized that the majority of the individuals I have encountered who are interested in building either a sun tracker or a heliostat are in fact students. For whatever reason, most students seem to prefer to communicate with me through email, which is cool, but this method of communication has a downside. Basically, you guys never get the chance to meet each other or see one another's projects.

To help remedy this, I have created a new forum category which is specifically for students who are interested in building either a sun tracker or a heliostat.

Here are a few tips for this category:

1. Don't be shy! Everyone here is quite friendly.

2. If you've never used a forum before, don't worry it's easy. You can't hurt anything, so don't be afraid to try it out. The "Help" tab in the upper left hand corner should give you all of the information you need to get started.

3. Don't worry if your English isn't perfect. I have probably communicated with more individuals who speak / write English as a second language then I have with English as a first language. This is very much so a multi-language forum!

5. Don't be afraid to ask questions! Obviously, you shouldn't expect anyone to do your whole project for you, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't ask questions if you get stuck.

6. Please do share your project when it's completed. Your work will most definitely inspire others once they see what you've done. 

7. Finally, since you are now a part of it, please consider adding your location to the Open Sun Harvesting Project's User Location Map.
http://www.cerebralmeltdown.com/2012/07/12/open-source-sun-tracking-heliostat-project-user-map/

Thanks!
Gabriel
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 07:46:00 AM by Gabriel »